Sue Errington, the Democrat candidate for Indiana House of Representatives in District 34, has received the endorsement of Hoosiers for Public Education.
Hoosiers for Public Education is a bipartisan political action committee that supports the election of candidates for Indiana office of any party who support exceptional academic achievement for all students through Indiana’s public schools and oppose privatization of public schools through vouchers, tax credits and other means.
“We selected candidates to endorse based on either their long-time support of public education or for their responses to our questionnaire on public education and privatization issues,” said Joel Hand, co-chair of Hoosiers for Public Education.
“Supporting candidates who stand up for public schools is essential, because if Indiana continues the current rate of school privatization, we won’t have public schools left to defend,” said Craig Hartzer, Hoosiers for Public Education co-chair. “Public schools are an essential piece of our democratic system.”
Hoosiers for Public Education did not make endorsements in every race on the November ballot. The political action committee chose 16 candidates in its first round of endorsements; additional endorsements may follow.
For more information visit www.HoosiersForPublicEducation.org.
Hoosiers for Public Education is a bipartisan political action committee that supports the election of candidates for Indiana office of any party who:
· support adherence to Indiana’s Constitutional provisions to provide public education;
· support exceptional academic achievement for all students through Indiana’s public school programs and public school educators;
· focus public tax dollars on the K-12 education of public school students;
· oppose private school vouchers and tax credits for private education;
· oppose for-profit managers taking a profit from operating public schools; and
· stand against the privatization of public schools through any other means.